Kids Cats & Knitted Hats

This is my little spot to share the things I'm learning to do with my knitting looms.

Friday, March 17, 2006

Have You Bought the Book??

Have you bought Denise Layman's Learn to Knit on Circle Looms book yet?

I bought mine from Decor Accents and received it within a couple of days.

This book is really good. The pictures are great, and she covers all the basics needed to get started.

I made the small bangle bag last night using a set of bangle bracelets I found in my jewelry box, some Red Heart yarn in black, and some Fun Fur Prints.


It was pretty easy to do. I made it a little short since I was just playing with the pattern. I think I did something wrong because my handles weren't exactly right -- maybe I pulled up the wrong loops or used handles that were a little too big or something. I plan to try it again, and as soon as I can get my hands on the larger bamboo handless I'll make the larger one.

I can see making the larger ones and using them as gift bags. Wouldn't you love to receive a set of Bath & Body Works lotions, body wash, etc presented in one of these bags? Or wouldn't a little girl love getting one of these with some cute jewelry tucked inside? Too cute!!

I can also see our knitting group making these to use for Christmas goodie bags. Oh, the ideas!

Anyway, grab this book. It's well worth $9.95 ($13 including tax from DA). (By the way - I'm not affiliated with Denise in any way -- just a fan of the book!)

Thanks for reading!

2 Comments:

  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger Sorka said…

    Why thank you!! What a glowing review!!
    And your bag looks cu-ute!!
    I love those handles!
    Denise
    knitchat.com

     
  • At 8:14 AM, Blogger Dora Renee Wilkerson said…

    Hello!
    I love your blog! I am going to make my daughter some Scrunchies up next week now.
    You really have done some nice stuff. I'll check back on your blog now and then to see what's new (I also adore your cup cake hat..I loved that.)

    Dora

     

Post a Comment

<< Home